Thursday, March 31, 2011

Give us this day our daily bread

Sorry for the long layoff - traveling for business.

So, I'm officially as stressed about work/life as I've ever been. There is so much to do, and I don't know how I can get it all done.

Luckily, I just listened to Elder Christofferson's talk about the Lord providing daily bread.


It was the best explanation of "give us this day our daily bread" and why that is important and necessary. It was very helpful.

Speaking of that, this weekend we get to hear from the Apostles and Prophets themselves. That helps sustain as well. In the New Testament the Apostles are told that they "will do even greater things than these (things Jesus did)."

Elder Holland has commented on this and said that perhaps the only way he could do something greater than the Savior is that he could spread the message further than Christ did during his time. If we have ears to hear, those messages will provide living bread and water.

Enjoy conference. Here's a couple more verses about listening to the prophet:

4Wherefore, meaning the church, thou shalt give aheed unto all his words and bcommandments which he shall give unto you as he receiveth them, walking in all choliness before me;

5For his aword ye shall receive, as if from mine own mouth, in all patience and faith.

6For by doing these things the agates of hell shall not prevail against you; yea, and the Lord God will disperse the powers ofbdarkness from before you, and cause the heavens to cshake for your dgood, and his name’s eglory.

7For thus saith the Lord God: Him have I inspired to move the cause of aZion in mighty power for good, and his diligence I know, and his prayers I have heard.

8Yea, his weeping for Zion I have seen, and I will cause that he shall mourn for her no longer; for his days of rejoicing are come unto the aremission of his sins, and the manifestations of my blessings upon his works.



No comments: