Sunday, March 13, 2011

Will we get revelation in life?

I really enjoyed these verses in D.C. 63:

22And now, verily I say unto you, that as I said that I would make known my will unto you, behold I will make it known unto you, anot by the way of commandment, for there are many who observe not to keep my commandments.

23But unto him that keepeth my commandments I will give theamysteries of my kingdom, and the same shall be in him a well of living bwater, cspringing up unto everlasting life.

I think that commandments are what are given in the scriptures or to the living prophets. There are very relatively few sources of commandments. If we are keeping the commandments, we are guaranteed further instruction and guidance about life, which will prop us up and bless us immensely. I think we can count on inspiration and revelation coming.

Also, consider this verse from D.C. 63:

12Wherefore, I, the Lord, am not pleased with those among you who have sought after signs and wonders for faith, and not for the good of men unto my glory.

It reminds me of a story about Lorenzo Snow. When he was a missionary in Italy he wasn't having much success. One day there was a boy who had just died and he had the idea to pray to have the power to heal the boy. I believe they fasted for a day and then gave him a blessing. They wanted to "heal" (probably not the right word in this instance) him so that the people would know Lorenzo and his companion were messengers from God. When they blessed the boy, he rose from the dead.

I think we could ask for a lot more than we do and God would give it to us if it was for his glory.

Have a great night.

LaDon

No comments: