Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Redemption - great conference message

We all make enough mistakes to know that no one gets through this life without needing some serious help to be worthy and able to stand in the presence of God, or even to simply by happy all the time despite our mistakes. We're in need of being redeemed/saved/helped.

Elder Curtis, a new 70 gave a talk on redemption. He told 3 or 4 stories of people coming back to church and being so blessed and happy, or in other words being redeemed.

Here's his conclusion to the talk:

Although we can never repay the Redeemer what He paid on our behalf, the plan of redemption calls for our best efforts to fully repent and do the will of God. The Apostle Orson F. Whitney wrote:

Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
Whose wondrous pow’r hath raised me up
And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
What tongue my gratitude can tell,
O gracious God of Israel.
Never can I repay thee, Lord,
But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
Hath it not been my one delight,
My joy by day, my dream by night?
Then let my lips proclaim it still,
And all my life reflect thy will.
(“Savior, Redeemer of My Soul,” Hymns, no. 112)

I bear my testimony of the power of Christ’s Atonement. When we repent and come to Him, we can receive all of the blessings of eternal life. That we may do so, receiving our own story of redemption, is my prayer in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I hope that we all will have our own story of redemption in life. I know my life is also a story of redemption.


No comments: