Sunday, January 29, 2012

Power of the Holy Ghost to touch people - weak and simple of the other preach the gospel

There's two young Tongan men in our ward; they're 17 and 19. One of them likes to bear his testimony every couple months. Remarkably, when he gets up and talks in his broken English and says basic truths, such as "I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet" and "I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior", I feel it is true. Every time. That young man has the spirit accompany his words.

It's the first time in my life someone has had that power with me. I know the Spirit testifies of his words. I love that young man. He makes my testimony meetings better.

This is what happens when he speaks - 2 Nephi 33:1

for when a man bspeaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.

He touches my heart.

No comments: