Sunday, November 6, 2011

Greatest Church Meeting Ever

Today was fast sunday and testimony meeting. It was among the most powerful meetings I have ever been in. First of all, Elaine Moore, a woman who has been in a wheelchair for 30-40 years with MS died this week. Several months ago, her husband read a letter that had her testimony written on it. It was probably the single most powerful testimony I have ever heard. Today, her husband got up and said the 2 best decisions he made were to marry her and join the church. Also, he testified of the truthfulness of the gospel. It was wonderful. Many people spoke of their influence. The 1st Counselor in the Bishopric mentioned that he appreciated the example of others in how to treat their families with tenderness in tough times (his wife has cancer). He was speaking of the Moores. Two Tongan brothers bore their testimony. It was very powerful. The one boy who said, "I love the Book of Mormon," touched me again. The First Counselor's wife with cancer bore her testimony. So did a newly married boy (19)who is going to a community college to play football and has a daughter but hasn't been sealed yet. He spoke about the blessings of reading scriptures and praying and also looks forward to going to the temple. Very impressive to see how the blessings of the gospel helped him so much even though his hasn't been on the typical Mormon path. Obedience blesses all. God wants all to feel his Spirit and be blessed. We also heard from a 16-yr-old who bore his testimony and was very emotional. I remember doing the same as a young man. Those are important moments.

As you can imagine, it was a great Sunday. I love going to church. I love the examples I have. I love the gospel.

I hope your Sunday was as good as mine.

No comments: