Friday, February 11, 2011

Current Day Prophets and Apostles

So, I found this verse again today. It is so good.

This verse is the clearest I've seen in the Bible addressing the need for current day revelation. Ephesians 3:

3How that by revelation he made aknown unto me the mystery; (as I bwrote afore in few words,

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the amystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now arevealed unto his holy apostles and bprophets by the Spirit;

6That the aGentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Paul is saying here that in previous dispensations none of the sons of men (no human) knew that the Gentiles would one day receive the Gospel just as much as the Jews. It wasn't until Prophets and Apostles in their day received the revelation that a human knew this would happen.

So, is this the first and only time a current day prophet could have helped teach the changing and evolving will of God? Nope. I don't think so. We have them now too. :)

Great verses. Thank you Paul.

No comments: