Friday, June 10, 2011

Going to Church - Being in a Stake

I like this verse in D.C. 115:

6And that the agathering together upon the land of bZion, and upon her cstakes, may be for a defense, and for a drefuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be epoured out without mixture upon the whole earth.

There is a lot of power in gathering with other church members every week in a ward, which is also a unit of a stake. I really appreciate the people I get to know, the lessons they teach, and the Spirit I feel in those meetings. I usually learn something every week and really appreciate the inspiration others give to help me live better.

A great blessing of church is having good examples to follow. I see good families and want to be like them. I also see people who I know are going through tough times but nevertheless are still at church. That is very inspirational.

I appreciate the chance to "gather to Zion and her stakes" on a weekly basis. I hope my posts on Sunday generally reflect how much those meetings mean to me.

Have a great day.

No comments: