Monday, June 18, 2012

Elder Clayton - the Lord blesses with talents

I listened to an interview with Elder Clayton and his wife today and late last week. It was terrific. Elder Clayton told one story in particular that inspired me. He talked about being in the Area Presidency in South America and that he was given a gift. He would be able to remember people's names even if he only talked to them for a brief time and then saw them again 2 years later. He easily could remember their names and about their lives and who they were. He said that when he returned to Salt Lake City at the end of 4 years, that gift left him. He could still remember people's faces but he could no longer remember their names, even when he tried. He said that it was a great lesson to him that God could magnify us and that it was His work that was being done.

http://mormonchannel.org/conversations/40

I really believe this. I've seen it in my own life as I've read scriptures and focused on more spiritual things; my capacity is increased significantly.

This idea also relates to the verse I read and blogged about a week ago -

 And it came to pass in the eighth year of the reign of the judges, that the people of the church began to wax proud, because of their exceeding ariches, and their bfine silks, and their fine-twined linen, and because of their many flocks and herds, and their gold and their silver, and all manner of precious things, which they had obtained by their cindustry; and in all these things were they lifted up in the pride of their eyes, for they began to wear very costlydapparel.

It is very important that we do think we get ahead by our industry but by the blessings of the Lord.

He also mentioned that he knows prayers are answered and that it's an underutilized tool. I know that's true for me.

No comments: