Monday, February 20, 2012

2 Nephi 4 - being a good parent and consider the ways God helps us

A couple things stood out to me about 2 Nephi 4:
1) brief line emphasizing the importance of good parents: ability to influence children. Also, note that Lehi didn't take it personally that his own sons didn't end up taking the right path though he presumably did bring them up in the way they should go.

5 But behold, my sons and my daughters, I cannot go down to my grave save I should leave a ablessing upon you; for behold, I know that if ye are bbrought up in the cway ye should go ye will not depart from it.

2) Look at the list of things God did for Nephi that helped Nephi always remember God was helping him. While our list may not be as "impressive", I believe our lists can be this extensive and truly help us remember always that God is with us as we try to come unto him.

19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have atrusted.

20 My God hath been my asupport; he hath led me through minebafflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.

21 He hath filled me with his alove, even unto the bconsuming of my flesh. (i.e., it's been a powerful feeling)

22 He hath confounded mine aenemies, unto the causing of them to quake before me.

23 Behold, he hath heard my cry by day, and he hath given meaknowledge by bvisions in the night-time.

24 And by day have I waxed bold in mighty aprayer before him; yea, my voice have I sent up on high; and angels came down and ministered unto me.

25 And upon the wings of his Spirit hath my body been acarriedaway upon exceedingly high mountains. And mine eyes have beheld great things, yea, even too great for man; therefore I was bidden that I should not write them.

26 O then, if I have seen so great things, if the Lord in his condescension unto the children of men hath avisited men in so much bmercy, cwhy should my dheart weep and my soul linger in the valley of sorrow, and my flesh waste away, and my strength slacken, because of mine afflictions?

I too know God has answered my prayers, filled me with love, giving me knowledge/ideas, been my support, and helped me in my afflictions.

LaDon

No comments: