Tuesday, February 28, 2012

2 Nephi 10 and 11 - Nephi delights in showing Christ will come

Nephi purposefully chose to use Jacob's words to teach about Christ because Jacob was an eyewitness of Christ. So was Isaiah; Nephi talks about the need to use witnesses to prove things and that God has done that abundantly regarding Christ.

Here's verses explaining Nephi's thinking:

2 And now I, Nephi, write amore of the words of bIsaiah, for my soul delighteth in his words. For I will liken his words unto my people, and I will send them forth unto all my children, for he verily csaw my dRedeemer, even as I have seen him.

3 And my brother, Jacob, also has aseen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words ofbthree, God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth more cwitnesses, and he proveth all his words.

Also, I think Jacob's conclusion to his 4 chapters on Isaiah is great - reconcile your actions with the way God wants you to live (as it brings happiness, joy, etc.), but then it's only through Christ's grace that you're saved:

23 Therefore, acheer up your hearts, and remember that ye arebfree to cact for yourselves—to dchoose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.

24 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, areconcile yourselves to thebwill of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the cgrace of God that ye are dsaved.

Great verse, similar to 2 Nephi 26:25 that talks about grace being the way we're saved.

No comments: