Thursday, July 14, 2011

Place to Learn Service

When my brother and sisters and I would fight while growing up, Dad would always read us this scripture from Mosiah 4:

14And ye will not suffer your achildren that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye bsuffer that they transgress the laws of God, and fight and cquarrel one with another, and serve the devil, who is the master of sin, or who is the devil spirit which hath been spoken of by our fathers, he being an enemy to all righteousness.

15But ye will ateach them to bwalk in the ways of truth andcsoberness; ye will teach them to dlove one another, and to serve one another.

We were certainly aware God didn't want us to fight, although we didn't always follow this scripture. I do think it's important to realize that the home is the place to learn service and love. I have not thought about helping my kids serve one another until reading this verse. Somehow parents should incorporate service in the family into daily living.

I believe it will play great dividends.

No comments: