Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happiness awaits those that endure - 2 Nephi 22

1 aAnd in that day thou shalt say: O Lord, I will praise thee; though thou wast angry with me thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedest me.

2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will atrust, and not be afraid; for the Lord bJehovah is my cstrength and my dsong; he also has become my salvation.

3 Therefore, with joy shall ye draw awater out of the wells of salvation.

The above verses come from 2 Nephi 22. This is such a great set of verses about someone's journey to be with the Savior:
1) He presumably made some mistakes as God was angry for a time with him
2) Now he is comforted though by the same God who was angry
3) Christ is who he leans on for help, strength, salvation, and is the source of joy
4) He has joy thanks to salvation that flows to him (it sounds like salvation is continual, not a one-time thing; process of learning/growing/happiness; it also means salvation may always involve work (drawing out water from a well), but it's happy work.)

I like that the person was not "perfect" and still ended up doing so well. It's a great lesson for us.


No comments: